This Blanket is so easy to make…really… probably the easiest blanket I’ve ever put together.
Supplies: Fabric, 2 layers, your choice. In the pictures below, I uses 100% cotton flannel and velvet fleece. You will also need coordinating thread, pins, scissors, sewing machine.
Size: Is all up to you. I cut my fabric 35.5 inches x 42.5 inches. This size is great for the car seat or stroller. It’s also a great size to fold and put in the diaper bag.
Here’s what you do:
- Place fabric right sides together and pin
- Sew at least ½ inch seam all the way around leaving a 5-6 inch opening. The opening needs to be big enough to turn the blanket inside out.
- Trim the corners w/o cutting the seams. This will reduce bulk when you turn the blanket inside out.
- Turn fabric inside out. Make sure you pull out all 4 corners.
- Ensure the seams are flat and lined up all around the edges of the blanket
- At the opening, fold the seams inward to match the rest of the blanket and pin.
- Do a top stitch all around the blanket on all 4 sides.
- You’re done!
In the pictures below, I got a little fancy and sewed a patchwork top for the blanket that I made. You can go as fancy or go as simple as you prefer. It’s all up to you!